Monday, October 02, 2006

Endless waves, endless waves

While waiting for unfinished socks from my Sock Wars target (arriving later this week), I made some progress on the Print O the Wave shawl. I now have six repeats completed, and I'm very happy with the way it is coming out. Only 11 repeats left. . . . on this half. Yikes!


This is how the shawl looks unstretched

This is how the shawl looks stretched - it's Magic!

I really need to watch the chart closely as I knit, but I haven't had to pick out any whole rows in the last few repeats, so it's coming along a little faster. The red yarn is a lifeline, in case there are any big mistakes I can rip back to that point without losing more than I need to--this is something I learned on the Sockwars forum, and it makes me feel much better about the whole tricky lace pattern thing.

No comments: