Monday, October 16, 2006

Sock Wars - Target #3

My latest target's target's target is MIA, having received a finished pair of socks without returning her socks-in-progress, or responding to e-mails from her killer or me. Bad form, Knitzo, bad form. This weekend I started a new pair for my new target (she's in the Netherlands), using the 2nd hank of Puyallup Fair yarn. So far, so good. I'm using the same size needles that I used to knit Kate's deadly socks, but I'm trying to knit tighter. Thanks to a stressful week, this seems to be working. I'll try not to relax too much, and end up with huge, floppy clown feet. The color is right for that, anyway--not quite as electric as the colors appear in photographs, but pretty bright.

Before I learned that I'd be starting a brand new pair, I picked up the yarn to the right. It's Alpaca With a Twist Fino, a lace weight alpaca/silk blend. I'm thinking about attempting the Icarus Shawl, because the one that the Yarn Harlot wore to Bumbershoot was so beautiful. Nevermind that I'm already working on a lace shawl, or that I need to work on Halloween cards and start thinking about holiday cards. Or that I'm unlikely to even WEAR a triangular lacy shawl. Isn't the color nice? Let's think about that instead.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: