Sunday, October 22, 2006

Dormant Work in Progress - Harlequin Booteeeeeee

I'm not really sure when I started this pair of booties, although I think that it may have been sometime in late 2002 or early 2003. Were any of you about to have a baby around then? One that didn't receive any booties? The pattern is the Harlequin Bootee, from 50 Baby Bootees to Knit by Zoe Mellor. One bootee, obviously, is totally knitted, though not quite finished. There are about a million ends to weave in, and some sewing up to do.


This is approximately what the bootee would look like if I sewed it up, already. The pattern also calls for a pom-pom to go on the tip of the toe, a cute touch that would conveniently hide the weird looking spot where the colors all come together.


The yarn is merino, I think, but I've lost the ball bands. I also have no idea what needle size I used to knit the first bootee, so it will be interesting to see if a second bootee will come out the same size. I still love the color combo--I must have started these for a very sophisticated baby, indeed.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: