Although I brought along (and have photographic proof of progress made on) several knitting projects for my trip, I didn't plan quite as well as I should have. For instance, I brought two sock projects with me, but didn't bring the pattern for either one of them. The third project was the Print O' the Wave shawl, which is great for the airplane but not great for the ballpark or for evenings after a loooong day in the sun--too much concentration required. So I started a new project, with beads from Confetti-The Bead Place, and yarn (I think Rowan 4 Ply Soft) from The Needler's Nest. These are a repeat of the beaded cuffs that I made for my niece for Christmas, but there's a small problem:
I didn't have the pattern with me, but I checked out the photo of the finished cuffs and used it as a guide for string the beads into the right groups. Unfortunately, I didn't do a good job of counting--the number of stitches before the beads are placed is different on each side. And it took me a long time to figure it out. Booooo! I'll probably rip this out and start again using the pattern, since the knitting part didn't take that much time--it's the stringing of the beads that takes a whole lot of time. These cuffs will be more subtle than the first pair, and there are six different colors of beads instead of just two. I like the cool grey with the green, blue, and black beads--they're sort of the antithesis of the other yarn I bought in AZ, as well as the hot sun that has left me all red and blotchy. One of the colors is a matte metal green bead, those are my favorite.