Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Baseball Involves Standing Around

SpringTraining4

At least the baseball that I photographed on our last day in Phoenix makes it look that way! Photos, clockwise from top left: Yarn purchased on the trip, Ichiro waiting for batting practice, Mike Hargrove & Bob Melvin chat (or exchange line-ups, it's hard to say), Randy Johnson stands around after a throwing session on the practice fields.

The multicolored yarn is Jitterbug, purchased at Arizona Knitting and Needlepoint. Love this yarn, and the store was great, too! Actually, the people at all three yarn stores we visited were very helpful (without hovering) and friendly--I'm sure that next year I'll visit them again. The green and blue yarn cakes are by Artyarns, I think, but I haven't unpacked the bands yet. I picked them up at the Needler's Nest in Surprise, which was so close to our hotel that I couldn't believe I didn't see it last year!

It's nice to be back in the cool Seattle weather, but it was a great trip (if a little too hot for me) and it's gotten me excited for the start of the baseball season in a few weeks. We're still in first place, right?

No comments: