Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sewing and Stitchery Expo

collage2


It's been a busy couple of weeks, and I haven't had much time to blog. Work has been very busy (I was there all weekend), and I'm going to Spring Training at tomorrow and then to a wedding the next weekend. Looking forward to some airplane knitting, and maybe getting in more miles for Runagogo, because it isn't looking good at the moment. I've also made no additional progress on the Messenger Bag, which I was hoping to take on my March travels. Plus, I'm on a long cranky streak--hopefully the sun, relaxation, and baseball in Phoenix will improve my bad attitude.

Anyway, the Sewing Expo was the weekend before last, and it was great. I didn't take any classes, but I spent hours and hours in the vendor market--there was a LOT to see. Most of what I picked up is above--vintage (or vintage-esque) buttons, little vintage dice beads, and some Amy Butler fabric for springtime skirts. I love the colors of the buttons, I'm planning to make some fabric yo-yos with them at some point, or I might hold onto the matching periwinkle buttons for a sweater. The stuff that people were selling was so amazing that it literally burned my eyeballs, which were incredibly red by the time I got home. O.K., it probably was an allergic reaction to new contact lens solution, not the fabulous goods, but I can't say for sure!

2 comments:

Cactusneedles said...

I hope your trip to my area of the world is warm, fun, and your team wins. Have a great day!

Cactusneedles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.