Thursday, August 21, 2008

For Once, Devotion Is Enough

Finished Oolongs!


It's hard for me to believe that if I work on ONLY one project, I can finish a pair of cabley, lacey socks in two weeks. But evidently, I can. The toes are grafted, the ends are woven in, I had about 7 inches of yarn left on the second sock. Towards the end, I thought that I'd have to break into the 0 grams I had left from the first sock, but it didn't come to that.

I really like this pattern, I really like this yarn, and I'll probably post more finished photos (too dark to shoot outside) even though I've already got maybe 50 photos of these socks at various stages.

Here are the stats:
Pattern: Oolong by Mona Schmidt from the Twist Collective
Yarn: Filatura Di Crosa Principessa, which is now discontinued (per Ravelry), 330 yds (with only the tiniest bit of yarn leftover.
Needles: Knitpicks fixed Options circular, 2.25mm.

Post Titles
Almost all of my post titles come from song lyrics, and it was suggested to me by my Boston friends that citing sources might be a good idea, so I'll give that a try for awhile, semi-footnote style, until I get tired of it. I hope that's cool with you.

_____________________
For Once, Devotion is Enough: Richard Buckner, "Ed's Song", from the album Devotion + Doubt, 1997.

6 comments:

AllyB said...

Fabulous! Love the color. Have a great weekend.

Paula said...

Is your shower curtain made of terry cloth?!?!? That's so awesome!!!!!
Oh yeah, and the socks are cool too. ;D
-Paula

Anonymous said...

Man, I was always so excited when I actually recognized a song quote! :-)
- neeter

Cactusneedles said...

Those turned out fantastic! Again, I love that color! I'm in an orange mood lately!

Anonymous said...

These are so beautiful!!! I love that orange!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's got to be some kind of record! Love how they turned out and am looking forward to getting edumicated on the music front now that you're citing sources.