Thursday, April 17, 2008

Got My Skeleton Key

My Skull is Famous

What a nice surprise! I finally got my hands on a copy of Knitalong, and photos of my Skull Meathead and Pink Socks 101 are both in the book. For some reason, I thought that I had pre-ordered the book, which came out late last month, when in fact I just added it to my Amazon wish list. I finally realized that I didn't have the book yet when I read Mama Urchin's post about her hat. Anyway, I'm very pleased that my projects made it into the book, especially because so many people participated in the knitalongs! There were so many variations in the hats that put my little pirate flag to shame--my favorite was Adrian's little bird. The skull embellishment was almost an afterthought--it was leftover from a halloween card plan that never quite came together. Anyway, if you haven't seen it yet, check out the Meathead flickr gallery, or the Knitalong site that has galleries of other projects in the book as well.

The book only arrived yesterday, so I haven't read the whole thing, but what I have read is really interesting. It's part pattern book, part KAL instruction manual, part sociology thesis. I want to start the Pinwheel blanket immediately, I think that it might be a good travel project. And I want to knit the Entomology mittens, because who doesn't want bugs on their hands all winter? Now if I could only turn some heels and finish some socks (more on that later), I could in good conscience start another portable project.

1 comment:

Veronique said...

Woo hoo! Congrats!