Saturday, April 12, 2008

Lunch, Last Week

Four Bento Lunches


Part of my 2008 plan involves eating better, and toward that end I've been trying to take lunch to work most days rather than eating out. The lunch options near my office either take a lot of time or are fast food, and it feels really wasteful to spend $30-$50 a week on food that I don't particularly enjoy. This past week, I started carrying a "Mr. Bento" lunch jar, and four of the five lunches (plus either an english muffin or a mini-bagel for breakfast) I took to work are above. I like that I can take a wide variety of foods, and as long as I think a little bit about what I'm including (like use the smallest bowl for the fatty pasta salad, and the largest bowl for a green salad), it's neither too much food nor too many calories. I doubt that I'll take lunch every day (let alone photograph it every day), but I think that 3 - 4 days a week is reasonable.

Knitting content coming soon--it's really nice out today so I may be able to get some natural light photos. Or maybe I'll just get out into the natural light . . .

2 comments:

Lola and Ava said...

Okay, dish . . . where did you buy the bento boxes? Seriously, this might be the answer to my prayers. I'm rushing over to Amazon as I type.

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic idea. Your lunches look fabulous and beautifully photographed!