Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Seven Nights to Rock

Trip Prep Continues


About seven nights until I leave on my trip, and the prep continues. Clockwise, from top left:

* Another new sewing project: there may still be time to make a new carry-on bag--it's a tote that converts to a backpack! It's the Day in the Park Backpack Tote. I think that I have enough of the dachshund print that I used for my passport holder to make this--I'm very excited about that. I'm not sure if this will be quite large enough to be a good carryon, but I like the idea of having a backpack option. Much more ergo, right? There are a couple of other sewing projects piled up, including some hemming and maybe another skirt. Must get cracking.

* In France, S__ and I are visiting some friends of his who have a 3 month old baby. This hat is for the baby (once I finish the i-cord ties), it's the Norwegian Sweet Baby Cap / Djevellue pattern (Ravelry link). Quick knit, and I love the contrast of the stripes. Knit from stash--Dale of Norway Baby Ull!

* Hair reblonded. Eyebrows yet to be ripped out (not sure if I am up for this).

* Yarn for knitting on the trip. It's Handmaiden Casbah from the Loopy Ewe. I happened to be browsing the store when new yarn was put up, and I couldn't resist a colorway called Paris Two! Get it--I'll be knitting Paris two in Paris! Get it? Huh? I haven't settled on a pattern yet--I'd like to cast on and get two socks going on a long needle before I leave. Maybe I can get tackle the heels before returning home . . . but I wouldn't bet money on it.

3 comments:

Lola and Ava said...

Ok. You've got 2 of my favs in one post, the baby hat & backpack pattern. I can't wait to see it with that print.

Rhonda said...

Cute hat! And I love the color of your hair! That will get all the french looking at you! :)

The bag sounds really cute. I like things that convert from one thing to another. They are so fun even if at times they may not be practical.

Have a fun trip! And bring back plenty of European yarn! But I didn't have to tell you that huh?!?

Lola and Ava said...

Damn sister beat me to the punch. Love that print . . . so much that I motored over and bought something close to it but not quite.