Monday, May 25, 2009
New and Improved Knitting Content!
Given that this is a long weekend, I decided to start something new. I picked up Liberty's Kaguya (Rav Link) in Zsa Zsa and Zen with a chevron scarf in mind, although since I've used pink and green for a chevron scarf before, it didn't feel quite like the right project. Then I saw Jennifer's beautiful Ishbel (Rav Link), and it looked like just the thing. The effect is less dramatic in pink than in the dark Malabrigo lace that she used, but I love the summery feel of the color. Kaguya is a bamboo/merino blend, so it's got a little bit of drape and is very soft. In the first 10-15 rows, it felt like the dark bits of color were clustering on one side of the triangle, but they've totally evened out and I'm very happy with the subtle variagation.
I made a spreadsheet to calculate how many stitches I should have in each row (my brain couldn't do it manually), and based on the total stitch count I'm already about 50% finished! I'm going to have a ton of yarn leftover--I've only used about 35g of the 110g so far. Now I just need to clear the decks of other concerns (all of the stuff that I've put off all weekend) so that I can get in some solid knitting time.