Monday, January 22, 2007

Anemoi Mittens - More than 50% Complete!

Right mitten, and tiny part of left mitten

I cast on the second Anemoi mitten yesterday evening, I've been mentally steeling myself for the excruciatingly slow corrugated rib. How can such a beautiful cuff take so much time? How?? I planned to start this on my trip to Stanford, but couldn't remember how to start the tubular cast-on. This cast on looks very pretty, and it was much simpler this time. I wanted to get a jump on the left mitten before the Madrona Fiber Arts Festival, where I will be taking a class on Bohus knitting with Susanna, and attending a mentor session with Stephanie. And maybe doing a little bit of shopping, and maybe attending a charity knitting talk on Thursday. I'm really looking forward to this, although I'm a little afraid that I'll learn that my colorwork techniques are all wrong. All wrong!!!! Maybe rather than worry about my skills, I should get back to honing them on this mitten cuff . . . .

No comments: