Sunday, September 10, 2006

Pirates, Two Socks, Mr. Stripey

I've been working a lot on the projects that I've started since beginning this blog, here are some status updates.

The skull and crossbones part of the Pirate Hat is complete, and I've started the Blood Red Lining. The Blood Red Lining is only a few inches long, so hopefully I will finish this up soon. The size 1 needles that I'm using for the Blood Red Lining are pointier than usual, and I'm a little worried that they will end up poking holes into my fingers, making them also Blood Red. The hat looks pretty good, but it is a little smaller than expected--next time (and I'm sure there will be a next time), I will use larger needles. Hopefully, I can stretch it out a little when I block it, and smooth out the fabric.

A new project this week is a pair of worsted weight socks that I started in the Knitting Two Socks at Once class at Renaissance Yarns. The setup and first few rows are tricky, but after that it's pretty straightforward. So far, anyway. I'm using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted, and size 5 Addi Turbos.

The Two Mr. Stripeys
Neither Mr. Stripey the tomato nor Mr. Stripey the sock have had much of my attention this week, but there has been some progress. The tomato is finally turning not-green, and the sock is almost ready for a heel.


Overall, it feels like I'm doing a lot of knitting lately, and when I'm not knitting I'm thinking about knitting. I'm pretty sure that this isn't totally healthy, given that I haven't been getting any exercise (other than walking around for five hours a day at Bumbershoot). But I don't really want to document any exercise that I do, especially not with photos. Can I blame the blog for the preoccupation with knitting? I think I can!

No comments: