Monday, October 27, 2008

There's a Stain on My Notebook Where Your Coffee Cup Was

Lime Green Coaster


Cup rings on all of my post-it notes, tablets, and occasionally important documents have been driving me crazy at work. The folded up copy paper I've been using sometimes as a coaster looks sloppy, and god knows I don't need any help looking sloppy lately. I went for the quick fix--a bright green, kitchen cotton coaster using a simple pattern. I think it looks great with my Constructivist coffee mug. Here's how it goes:

Cast on 20 stitches
Knit 3 rows
Row 1 - 4: K2, P4, K4, P4, K6
Row 5 - 8: K6, P4, K4, P4, K2
Repeat until about square, ending on row 4 or row 8
Knit 3 rows
Cast off

I used size 3 needles, and a very small amount of green Lily Sugar'n Cream Solid. The next one I make will probably be on size 4 or 5, to get a bigger coaster. It can't hurt to have some extras lying around the ol' cubicle, and a set might make a nice hostess gift / stocking stuffer.

Here's a clearer view of the pattern:

P1010386

____________________
There's a Stain on My Notebook Where Your Coffee Cup Was: Squeeze, "Black Coffee in Bed". I can't tell you how many hours of MTV and Video Jukebox waiting to see this video. I'm serious--don't you remember when Difford & Tilbrook were the next Lennon / McCartney?

3 comments:

Laura said...

Is that mug a passive aggressive comment on why a certain building gets free coffee when another building does not?? ;) Just kidding...cool coaster!

emicat said...

That's a great coaster! I may have to knit one of those for work because I could us a little de-sloppifying myself ;)

AllyB said...

Thanks so much for posting your coaster Carrie! It's super cute and just what I've been looking for to make some office related holiday gifts.