Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Liberty on the Move!

P1010311.JPG


Yesterday, Ann Shayne and Kay Gardiner of Mason-Dixon knitting came to Seattle to sign books and give a talk at the University Book Store. It was hilarious fun, and the knitwear that they brought to show was unbelievably gorgeous, even though I'd seen all of it in their book. Note the mohair shawls that Kay is wearing above, for instance. The skin on my hands had a bad reaction the last time I knit with mohair, and yet I'm somehow thinking that I should just power through, because they're just that beautiful. Mom had a great time, too--Mason-Dixon is the only knitting blog that she's ever shown any real interest in reading when I've mentioned it (including this one). She's probably knit almost as many dishcloths from the first book as Kay has, and that's a lot of dishcloths!

Let's discuss my Liberty (shown above!) vs. the original Liberty. Mine is tiny and crinkled (though Ann swore that it would block out), as shown above. The original Liberty is beautifully smooth, and is a lot larger than I expected it to be, and was knit in three weeks. I guess I'm slightly behind schedule--I'd better go knit now!

2 comments:

Kay said...

We put the magic fast-knitting mojo on it with the laying on of hands--so it'll knit right up for you now!

xox Kay

Cactusneedles said...

I do love the colors! They're a good contrast!