Monday, October 20, 2008

Cowl Done!

Brown Cowl

It's crisp and fall-like here in the greater Boston area, with a bit of chill in the air. So it's a good time to give people neck-warming gifts! I finished the cowl above about two minutes before leaving for the giftee's birthday night out, so it's modeled by E_____. The fuzziness of the yarn masks the pattern a little, but in real life (or more importantly, real light) the pattern looks good.  Not too fussy, and nice and warm.  The yarn is Blue Sky Alpaca's Suri Merino, which is delicious to knit with but feels a little itchy on my neck--as do pretty much all wools.  The brown cotton cowl also made it to a new home on this trip, and I'll probably need to make one of those for myself, if I'm going to wear a cowl.  Organic cotton = no possible itching. 

Yesterday afternoon, E___ and I went out to Lexington to the Wild & Wooly yarn store, which I haven't been to in years.  It's a neat little place, with a wide selection of yarn, and helpful ladies keeping it all running.  I came away with a skein of Malabrigo and one of those sock yarns that have been dyed on pre-knitted blanks.  Does that sentence even make sense?  Check them out here.  I've been working on some other socks that I'll post about soon--maybe I can get a nice, autumny photo later this afternoon!

1 comment:

Emma said...

So cozy! Love it.