Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I've Finally Got the Heel!

Wow, do I feel pretty behind on things, in addition to cranky and tired. I've spent too much time at baseball games and quilt stores in the last week to make a lot of progress on anything but Mr. Stripey the 2nd, which is coming along nicely:


P1020851

In other sock news, I have made some progress on the Bavarian Rockstars. To recap the dilemma that I had, the short row heel knit on size 0 needles seemed a little shallow and tight. My sockpal has slightly larger feet that I do, so I was a little worried about the fit. I separated the socks, and on the second sock I tried out the same heel on size 1 Addi Turbo lace needles. I like the fit much better, here's where I'm at now:


P1020899

I've knit three pattern repeats past the heel, and once the first sock heel is at the same point I may put them back on size 0 needles, and add a wide rib to the back of the sock. I think the ribbing will be K1, P1, K3, P1, K1, to mirror the side cables on the front. Or maybe not, we'll see when I get there. I've got team pub trivia tomorrow, and another baseball game on Friday, but I'd like to have the two socks even by the end of the weekend. I'd really like to finish these up by the 4th!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your socks are pretty! The bavarian rock star pattern is really cool.