Thursday, December 07, 2006

Stranded Colorwork KAL

I've signed up for the Stranded Colorwork KAL, which I will try to get serious about either as a part of my holiday knitting, or after it's finished. Here are the opening questions, and my answers:

What are your projects for this knitalong?
I'm planning to make a We Call Them Pirates hat--my brother wants one for Christmas, but I'm not sure if I can finish it by then. And for myself, I'd like to try a pair of Anemoi Mittens.


Is this your first colorwork project?
No.

If it isn't, what was your first, and has it survived the test of time?
I've started a lot of things, but have only finished a few and I've never been totally satisfied with the evenness of the actual stranding. I think that the first thing I tried (and finished) was a toddler cardigan that had a yoke with lots of colors. I gave it to a friend who lived far from me for her daughter, and I don't think that I ever heard whether or not it held up--this must have been 10 years ago, at least. Really, I can hardly even remember what it looked liked. I think I used brown sheep bulky, with charcoal as the main color and a bunch of leftover colors on the yoke.

No comments: