Sunday, June 07, 2009

And It's a Pink Moon

Ishbel collage

A certain little girl turned 4 this weekend. She likes things that are pink, and she likes things that are fancy. I just finished knitting something pink and fancy! Ishbel (Rav Link) turned out very nicely, and I think that she likes it (and will hopefully have a photo to post of her wearing it, once the cake high wears off).

I was a little surprised how quickly this knit up, and that it was relatively trouble-free. I knit the small size shawl, and it took up about 75g of the 110g skein. It's put me back on lace, after what seems like months of plain knitting, sock knitting, and sweater knitting. I was also a little surprised when I bought this pink yarn (Liberty's Yarn Kaguya), because just a few weeks ago I was complaining about how much pink yarn I'd received in various yarn clubs. Also, I've never knit a bamboo blend before, even though there's certainly some in my stash. I think of it as being kind of squeaky (probably because of the shine), but it felt nothing but soft when I was knitting. I'm still not sure I want to knit socks with it, but the drape is very nice for a shawl, even if you wear it stagecoach-bandit style, as above.

In Sock Summit news, it's starting to look like E____ and I will have some answers soon. E____ was charged for four classes (she registered me for two and herself for two), and it looks like my classes were confirmed but hers were not. Hopefully, we will both get what we paid for (even if it's not exactly what we wanted), but if not we will split the classes we did get. This means that we won't get to be in any classes together, and that if we stay for the luminary panel we end up paying for four nights of hotel to go to two things each, which I'm not sure makes sense. But we both have friends in Portland who we'd like to visit, so I guess the upside is that we'll have plenty of free time . . .

__________
"And It's a Pink Moon": Nick Drake, Pink Moon.

5 comments:

Walden said...

It looks lovely!

Rebecca said...

I like how this turned out! Ishbel will be on my queue list soon.

AllyB said...

Your Ishbel is beautiful! You really should do your feet a favor and knit them some bamboo socks. I knit myself a pair last year and they are my favorites.

ruthee... said...

Great job on Ishbel! And...the pink is lovely. I think colors just have to grow on you - I used to HATE orange and green (not necessarily together) and now I cannot get enough of them.

tiennie said...

This is so pretty! Love how it turned out in pink!