Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Christmas Knitting 2007 - Done!

Christmas 2008

Knitted Gifts Given, Christmas 2007

Today I handed off the last Christmas present that I knitted, bringing my total knitted gifts to 12-ish. The -ish is for the tiny mittens, and the heart monkey hat duo, which each only count as one. Of course, I am counting the Sailor Girl socks that I gave to E____ in October, even though they were really a hostess gift--it's hard to make a mosaic with 11 photos.
The last gift to leave my hands hasn't appeared on this blog because the recipient is a regular reader, so here's a little more info. It's a Blush neckwarmer from kpixie, knit from one skein of Blue Sky Alpaca's Alpaca Silk. This yarn is really, really soft, and the pattern is quick, easy, & versatile. It's essentially a tube that's about 7 inches high, and it can be worn as a neckwarmer, or pulled up over the bottom half of the face, or over the ears. Here I am, wearing it like a headband hat, in one of my most attractive self-portraits ever. Don't worry, L___--I took this photo BEFORE I washed it!
Although I told a friend last weekend that I was declaring Christmas over as of Sunday (not counting gift delivery), I am still working on my cards. So now the plan is to get all of the cards in the mail by the end of this weekend. I've made some progress on my other "resolutions," if they can be called that. I walked / ran (mostly walked) about 10 miles between Jan. 1 - 7, and I put away a lot of laundry. Baby steps, baby steps.
ETA: Why didn't anyone tell me I mis-typed "Knitting" in the title???

5 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for the knitted loveliness! Even if you would have taken the picture after you washed it, I really wouldn't have cared... :)

Cactusneedles said...

Your pictures look great! I like your neckwarmer! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are a knitting machine. Beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

I love the mosaic! Especially since the cute little one just pops out at you. Lovely knits!

Unknown said...

Did you finish those socks before the game this weekend? Did you? DID YOU!