Thursday, September 06, 2007

Hoppin' Down the Bunny Trail . . .

BunnyParts

I've been itching to sew something in the new sewing room before it's once again overwhelmed with the crap that I moved to the garage. I've only gotten as far as some cutting--I've started cutting pieces for some tissue holders for Mom's church bazaar, and the Big Footed Bunny above. I love the bunny, and the pattern is very well written and clear. I traced the pattern pieces onto plastic template, so that I can just draw around the templates when cutting. I do this with any small pattern, especially one that I think I'll make more than once. I'm going to use a polka-dot for the contrast on the ears, feet and paws:

Two Fabrics

This photo is a little dark, the fabrics are a pretty good match. Next up, I start sewing. I'd sort of forgotten how much I hate curved seams. "Hate" as in "Am Terrible At". Hopefully it will turn out o.k.--I'm planning to make one or two of these for my nieces for Christmas. The finished bunnies are adorable--check out the Flickr gallery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's going to be so cute! I've lost my sewing/quilting mojo and can't seem to get it back!

Cactusneedles said...

Cool bunny! I love the colors you picked for it. :)