Friday, May 25, 2007

Finish One, Start Two

Finished Chevron

This week I finished the pink and green Chevron Scarf that I started as my Project Spectrum project for April / May. The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport, in Envy and Tickled Pink. I think that I still need to give it a good wet block, and I'm a little concerned that it will still roll in a bit, but I do love the colors and it was a very quick knit. So quick, in fact, that I've started another one:

orange and red

These yarns are also LL Shepherd's Sport, but I'm not totally happy with the choice. I think that there should be more contrast, although after letting it sit for a few days I like it a little better than I did. Even so, I've picked out a new set of colors:

New Chevron

I'm hoping that the blue/brown will tone down the red a little, and make a nice fall scarf. We'll see how it goes.

The second project I started this week are a pair of socks made with the Sailor Girl duet sock yarn that I picked up on the LYS tour. I love the spiral-y, stripey pattern!

Garter Rib Socks

These are whipping along, because the yarn is DK weight. The pattern is the Garter Rib sock from Sensational Knitted Socks--very simple, stretchy rib pattern. I'm using Addi Lace needles for the first time, and I like them. They feel a little flimsy when you take them out of the package, because they are lighter than the regular Addis and KnitPicks that I've been using. Once the yarn is on the needles, they are ideal--nice and pointy, not flimsy at all.

I'm off to the Sasquatch music festival tomorrow for a couple of days of rock and camping, and both the new Chevron Scarf and the Sailor Girl socks will probably be going with me, along with the School Bus Socks. It's about a three hour drive away, so there should be plenty of opportunity to make some progress.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That chevron is really pretty! I like the 2nd one you have started also. Hope you have a great time!

Jamie C. said...

The pink/green scarf is beautiful! You'll have to post more photos. I also love the sock colors!

Carole Knits said...

I love the way the garter rib looks in that color combo!

Anonymous said...

oh how you shame me! I'm still not finished on my first chevron and I now have the gorgeous pink/green yarns in my stash waiting to be on the needles. I am looking forward to seeing how yours blocks up.
Glad to hear you are enjoying Addi Lace needles. I ordered some a little while ago and they should arrive any day. Being in the UK I've not been able to try KP Options so I have high hopes of the Addis. Your socks look great - really tweedy! So are you knitting the two socks on two needles or one? (forgive my ignorance, I am a dpn sock knitter, all the circulars dazzle me!)

Anonymous said...

Lovely colors on the chevron scarves. This is on my "things to knit" list. I enjoy seeing everyone's combinations.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Your pink and green chevron is stupendous--love it!! Looking forward to seeing the next one...

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I like all your knits, especially the socks, of course. :) I made the Garter Rib socks for hubby's first pair, and he loves them.

I'm a big fan of LL Shepherd Sock; haven't tried the sport weight yet....

Anonymous said...

I love your "fur babies"!!!! We have a black and tan and a red doxie too, only ours are boys. I just love doxies!!!!


Your knitting is beautiful too - I enjoyed looking at your pictures.