Thursday, November 09, 2006

Dormant Work in Progress - Pink Footies



This project is part of my knit-early-for-Christmas plan. These are the cabled footies from One Skein, knit in Cascade Quatro worsted weight yarn. The needles are size 7, I believe. The pink is brighter and more obnoxious in person! I started these this summer, and then put them aside when I started knitting some full sized socks. Or maybe when I started knitting the Noni bag? I don't really remember. I knit a pair of these in orange, and they turned out well, although I had to slightly machine felt them because they were a little large--no swatching, of course. They are meant to be slipper-like, so felting is fine. The pattern is easy to follow although now I'd like to knit two at once. Two at once! Two at once! Without the orange pair, I probably wouldn't have signed up for Sock Wars, as they were my first complete pair of socks.

The plan is still to wrap these up before Christmas, but even thinking about Christmas is starting to make me panic. Panic! I can't believe that it's November already.

There's a lot to do between now and the end of the year, including:
  • Make something to sell at mom's church bazaar next weekend
  • Formulate holiday card plan (must make up for lack of Halloween cards)
  • Execute holiday card plan
  • Finish all other projects
  • Finish (after starting) baby quilts for the three or four babies born over the summer that have not yet received any gifts from me

O.K., making that list didn't really make me feel any better. Maybe actually working on one of these projects, instead of make a list, is a better strategy for now.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Maybe the pink footies are for you--did you ever think of that, smart-guy?

Christmas shopping is not yet on this list, because I can put it off until pretty late.