Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Maybe the Sun Will Shine Today

Wilco

The sun came out just long enough yesterday to warm up the evening, in time for Wilco's show at Marymoor Park. I enjoyed the show a lot--I was about 15 feet from the stage, so I could see really well. The crowd (sell-out, maybe 5,000?) was totally reasonable, not much pushing forward or space-invading dancing except at the very end. All of Wilco's albums were represented, but I would have loved more A.M. (though I was thrilled to hear Too Far Apart). The songs from Sky Blue Sky sounded great live, too--it all did, really. I first heard Sky Blue Sky when the band's website was streaming it as a preview, and I listened to it late at night over headphones. It's definitely a record that sounds good that way, it's a direct-to-brain kind of experience, and this doesn't always translate to the live rock show. I've been going to see Wilco as regularly as possible for over 10 years (I think I first saw them before or just as A.M. was released), and this show was as good or better than any others I've seen.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh man, I'm so jealous! We really wanted to go to that show, but decided that we just can't hang with a late-night during the middle of the week. It's lame, I know! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time!

chipper said...

We're big Wilco fans too. Congrats on what sounds like a great show! (found your blog on Ravelry from the "sudden spike in visitors" thread)