Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Twenty twenty twenty four hours ago-oh-oh . .

Hollywood Forever

J_____, J____ R_____, and M______ rock out
O.K., it's been closer to 48 hours since I got back from my three-day weekend trip to LA, but that's the first Ramones lyric that popped into my head. The trip was great, I stayed with some friends I haven't seen in much too long, and finally met their amazing three year old daughter. Another friend I haven't seen in ages came over for dinner with his wife, a totally unexpected bonus. I tend to overschedule things and get stressed out when I travel, it was sooooo nice to have things fall into place so well. I can't believe that it's taken me so long to get to LA--this trip was planned around some Boston friends who brought their kids out (see above) for a conference and the bestowing of a Major Award. Places visited in LA include Hollywood Forever, the Museum of Radio and Television, Disneyland, the La Brea Tarpits, and the most delicious French-style Korean bakery ever. I could have done without the $40 parking ticket that I got the morning I left town, but I have nobody to blame but myself for that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time. Sorry about the ticket!

Anonymous said...

No way! We might have been at the Tar Pits at the very same time. That would have been weird. I was in LA doing the touristy thing about the same time. Anyhoo...