Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Some Hats May Have Been Started

Too late in the evening to blog . . . . but I may have started a couple of new hats.

Maybe one that's knit from the top down, and will hide an iPod and headphones . . .


P1020231


(it's a lot bigger now, but hard to photograph).

. . . and maybe one from the cover of this collection of patterns, that if finished & mailed quickly will keep a Southern baby warm when he visits Germany in January:


P1020251


(I started this yesterday, so I should get it in the mail maybe this weekend).

So much for working on the same projects all the time . . . although I'd like the record to reflect that the progress on the Hulk Smash socks has been significant. I've finished the gusset decreases, and now it's a race to the toes. The pooling is a little weird in the photo, but the cashmere softness and quick pace of the knitting more than makes up for it:


P1020240


You'll have to trust me when I say that these look a lot less busy in person (at least until they're finished & blocked).

2 comments:

Lola and Ava said...

Thanks for sharing the Woolly pattern! I ordered it as soon as I saw it. I can't wait to start one of the patterns, but which? And when?

L

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the patterns. I love the little garter stitch hat with ear flaps, uber cute!