Saturday, December 13, 2008

Purple Toupee and Gold Lame

P1010996-1


Thanks for all of the well-wishes for Frieda. She seems more or less back to normal (see above), though she's still taking medication and is on a special bland diet. We're keeping a close eye on her, because she's sneaky. Not as sneaky as Gretel, but still pretty sneaky.

I feel like I'm still hopelessly behind on pretty much everything, but I'm trying to prioritize a little and not get much crazier. I finished the purple fingerless gloves earlier today, and will get them in the mail to Austria on Monday. The pattern is available here on Ravelry, and it's a good pattern. I really like the twisted rib on the palms, and the shaping of the thumb gusset. I shortened the wrist in an attempt to squeeze these out of a single skein of Alpaca Silk, and came up 2 grams short. Very annoying--cables are such a yarn-hog! There's still enough of the second skein to make a pair of lacy mitts, so it won't go to waste.

I didn't start a single new project last weekend, but there are a couple of other Christmas gifts that I should probably start on this weekend if there's any hope of finishing them up in time. Hmmm. We'll see--this could just be a Christmas card avoidance tactic. I keep reminding myself that none of this is mandatory . . . .

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my first time stopping by your blog and I just wanted to say hello. Your purple fingerless mitts are very pretty. I haven't seen the pattern before so I queued it up on Ravelry. I'm in need of some mitts/gloves lately.

Rebecca said...

So glad Frieda is feeling better! I know about those sneaky dachsunds. I had one once that dashed through the neighborhood the second the door was open and I would have to chase him in my pajamas.

Still loving those fingerless mitts and will definitely check that pattern out on Ravelry.

Jennifer said...

Glad to hear that Frieda is doing better!

Those fingerless gloves are gorgeous! There's something about this time of year that makes me want to knit cables.

AllyB said...

That is the sweetest dog pic I've seen in a very long time. Glad she's feeling better.

Cactusneedles said...

Glad she's better! Love those mitts! Great color!

Unknown said...

I believe we need more dachshunds in the snow pictures please.