The Bavarian Rockstar socks are all even-steven again, and back on one long needle. They look good, and the fit is better than when I used the smaller needle for the heel--my plan is to continue with the size 1's for maybe 5 more inches, then 1 x 1 ribbing and a tubular bind off. Or finish them as directed by the pattern, I have a ways to go before I have to make a decision. I'm glad that they are back on one needle, although on the rows that require a cable needle it annoys me to no end to have to set down the cable needle in between socks. There's no rhyme or reason to the annoyance, it just really bugs me. But not as much as ending up with two different length socks would, so I'll have to power through it.
And I have this much yarn left:
I started with about 100g, so 40g should be more than enough for a decent length sock. I don't want to make them so tall that they require calf shaping (I've never done that, and I don't have the measurements), and I'm hoping to finish them up this week. I have a couple of ideas for schwag to send with the socks that take a little time to execute, so I don't want to be rushing at the very end.
Yes, that is a new scale--I got it on the same day that Stef posted about her scale in orange. I used it for making jam this weekend (24 jars in four flavors--woo-hoo!) and it was great to measure all that sugar by weight rather than scooping it out a cup a time. Plus, I've been able to weigh partial skeins of yarn, very handy when loading the stash into Ravelry.