I made it almost a week before casting on my only yarn purchase from Madrona. If three days is "almost a week". The snowstorm that rolled in yesterday had me thinking that I might get some "snow day" knitting in today (didn't happen), so it seemed like a good idea to start something new.
This is my swatch for the Augusta Cardigan from New England Knits, and it turned out great. Size 8 needles, 4 stitches to the inch, lovely bloom to the yarn when washing. It's a good thing that the gauge panned out after washing, because I cast on the back while waiting for it to dry. The yarn is Shelter in the Long Johns colorway, and this is the first time I've knit with it. I have a few other skeins in the stash, but what I've really wanted is to knit a sweater, so now that I've got enough yarn it was hard to hold off. Plus, I finished the body of a sweater that I started back in November (the Fiona pullover, which I have no recent photos of an haven't even posted about), so I was feeling a little accomplished. I've lost the pattern for Fiona with just the sleeves to go, so I may keep looking for it a bit before I can try to wing the sleeves.
Anyway, back to Augusta. Maybe I can finish the ribbing tonight!