Sunday, January 04, 2009

I Got the Chills, They're Multiplyin'

P1020316


Brrrr . . . it's cold outside today. The downside is that I was hoping to take the dogs for a long walk or go for a run, and the upside is that I don't feel bad about doing neither. Instead, I've been finishing Christmas Cards (just looking for a few missing addresses now), running errands, packaging up the Green Buzzbee, and knitting. I finished the Red Tune Cap, and although it is too small for me (my head is Large, I knit size M as a gift), I want to wear it around the house because I love it. I love the shaping at the top, I love the yarn (Malabrigo, in Ravelry Red from Webs), I love the idea of a secret iPod and headphones pocket. I used about 54 grams of the 100 g skein for the Medium, so there's no way I'll get a Large hat out of the remainder, but I may have some leftover Malabrigo that I could stripe into another hat. This is the first time I've knit a top-down hat, and it makes so much sense to knit hats this way because you can try it on as you go. That didn't help me a lot, since the hat is for a smaller-headed person, but I did try it on a few times anyway. The pattern, as I mentioned in my first post about this hat, is available here.

In other knitting news, the Red Hot Chili socks are a lot slower work, but they are starting to look awesome:

P1020307


I love the way the Wollmeise is striping, even though I know that it won't last once I start increasing for the gussets. I'm knitting these on size 0 needles, and the fabric is nice and firm (but not too stiff to knit).

What I really should do, on this cold winter day, is finish the last several inches of the Hulk Smash socks, and put them on my freezing cold toes--but it's more likely that I'll take a nap right now, and use dachshunds to warm up my feet!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love the Red Tunes Hat and I have some red Malabrigo in my stash so I just may have to knit this hat for myself! I clicked on the pattern link thinking it would route me to the pattern but it routed me to the post I was on...boohoo

Carrie said...

Hey, Rebecca--I get a blogger error when I click on your profile link. The pattern link is towards the end of the post--the first link should bring up the two blog posts that are tagged with the hat. Sorry for the confusion!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh...that hat is great! Very nice red! I'll have to pick up some yarn and give it a go--you know right after the snow melts (again) and I finish some flannel pants for Heart Monkey.