Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Two Toe Tuesday: Deadlines I Have Missed

Summer Sky Socks


I'm still chugging away on the Summer Sky Socks, although I started them for a KAL that ended at the end of August. Honestly, I kind of forgot about these during the Ravelympics, and I just didn't feel the same level of dedication to these. I love the yarn (Vesper sock yarn), although one of the yarn cakes keeps getting tangled, but I don't really like the 5 stitch repeat of the pattern. It looks cool, but it's somehow hard for me to get into a rhythm with it. Short row heels aren't my favorite, either, although Charlene Schurch's instructions in Sensational Knitted Socks do make them easier for me. Lots of stitch markers make it tough to get lost, which is exactly what I need. I would like to finish these relatively soon, although another deadline beckons--the Wino Juno is supposed to be finished this month, and I'm still not back to the point where I was before ripping out 15 inches. Wish me luck . . .

1 comment:

Cactusneedles said...

Looks like you're on the home stretch with them though! Looking good!