Friday, June 20, 2008

Insert Stevie Nicks Lace Quote Here

P1080496

I missed the Seattle LYS Tour this year, but I did pick up the Renaissance Yarns project last week. Its a very cute lace washcloth (Rav Link) made from Sublime Organic Cotton dk. This yarn feels as good as it looks, with a suitably "organic" palette. It's a very quick knit (I'm just finishing the border), and assuming that I finish this one, there will be more on the way. I'm thinking that a few of these in coordinating colors might be a nice gift for a recent college grad, who is moving to her first apartment soon. If she doesn't want to use it as a people washcloth, she can always try it out on dishes. Yes, it does pain me to say that.

This weekend is the Western Washington Quilt Shop Hop, and I made it to eight stores today. That sounds like a lot more than it is, really--I basically covered the shops between my office and home, and then went to Puyallup and Tacoma. Up until earlier this week, I was planning to be out of town, but those plans fell through so I'll spent at least a portion of the weekend shop hopping. I'm trying to develop a quick plan of attack, because otherwise I'll end up with nothing but a sore butt from driving all weekend. Or I'll end up with a bunch of fabric that I may never use, and frankly I already have plenty of that. Here's where I went at lunch (I didn't take photos of any of the others--too much rushing around!):

P1080480

This is Carriage Country Quilts, and it's close to my office so I pop in there occasionally on non-Shop Hop Days.

1 comment:

Cactusneedles said...

I love that cheery yellow! Really catches your eye! Hope you found some good stuff! :)