Saturday, February 09, 2008

Can I Get a Drumroll, Please?

Before:



Before



After:



After

Obviously, the Rot wie Feuer Bayerische socks are no longer "active". The stripiness of the yarn was really obscuring the twisted stitch pattern, and there didn't seem to be much point in spending all of that time cabling when the stripes are all I can see. The bright light makes the photo of the sock in progress looks better than it did in real life. This yarn is destined for greater things, and I'll probably give the Ravelry Sockdown a pass for February since I'm still working on the two pair I started in January.

Given that I'm going to be spending the weekend trying to repair / rebuild my failing, blue-screen-of-death laptop, ripping out an entire weekend of knitting work seemed like a fine idea--I'm so annoyed at my computer that I barely felt a thing. I have use of an alternate computer (obviously), but it's not convenient so if I haven't responded to comments I apologize!! I hope to be up and running again in the next couple of days, although it is a painfully slow process.

1 comment:

Cactusneedles said...

Poor sock! It's still a great color!