Saturday, November 24, 2007

This is What Cables Look Like (Right??)

Unoriginal


My long-awaited Ravens landed on my doorstep yesterday, and I cast on the Yarn Harlot's Unoriginal Hat immediately. I'm planning to make a couple of these for Christmas, and I'd like to get one of them in the mail fairly soon, so the quickness of the project really appeals. Plus, it's a c-u-t-e hat without being cutesy or dull.

So far, the hat looks great (I'm almost half-way through), right? What's that you say? You'd like to see the other side? Here it is:


BadCable

Hmmm. . . that doesn't look quite the same, does it? I dropped a stitch, and it fell quite a ways--six rows (or halfway back to the cast-on edge). I think I must have dropped it when I was moving to bigger needles so I could try it on, that's the only explanation. I'm trying to decide whether it will be quicker to rip or fix, I'm leaning towards fix at the moment. Since this yarn is unevenly spun, the stitches aren't super crisp so the fix should be easy to hide. However, the unevenness also makes it tough to see if I'm picking up the right stitches. Either way, hopefully this will be done tonight!

The vitals: Leticia Yarn by Blue Moon Fiber Arts in the Valkyrie colorway. The yarn is very, very soft and I love the colors, although I wish that it was a little more evenly spun. Size 10.75 (7.0mm) Addi Natura 16" needles, with help from an longer INOX pair that doesn't magic loop well.

p.s. Thanks for the warm furnace thoughts. Hopefully it will be fixed on Monday or Tuesday, it depends on how long it takes for the part to arrive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this hat. Hope you can fix it!