Monday, January 04, 2010

Purple Haze, Purple Rain, Purple Toupee--take your pick

January 02, 2010

I really need to think of more purple lyrics--I've used at least two of the three song titles above already.

Here's the second finished item of 2010, a gift for my friend E__. These are the felted slippers from French Press Knits, and I'm fairly happy with the way they turned out. They were pretty quick to knit, but the trade-off is that they take a lot of seaming. I used Cascade 220, which felts very nicely, but the slippers (and the decorative tabs) didn't really felt quite the same, and it was hard to tell which slipper was R and which was L. That's the risk you run with felting, I suppose--the results are not guaranteed! Also, they picked up a lot more lint than I expected from the towels I washed them with, so next time I will try to find some old, too-small jeans to wash them with. Once E__ has had a chance to break them in, I'm hoping that she will give them good reviews. They are definitely cute (especially with my purple owl Christmas pajamas), but that's not good if they aren't functional!

No comments: