Saturday, February 28, 2009

So Close But Yet So Far

Brightest. Socks. Ever.


Today is the last day of the Sock Knitter Anonymous (Rav Link) January Sockdown, and although I'm pretty close to finishing the Red Hot Chili Socks, I'm not sure I'm going to make it. I've got about 45 rows left to go on the second sock, and there are some things on my agenda today other than finishing this.

Of course, I sabotaged my chances by:
  1. Forgetting that these socks were supposed to be for the Sockdown
  2. Forgetting that February is short
  3. Starting new socks instead of working on these
  4. Starting a new sweater (as yet unblogged about) two days ago, even though by then I remembered #1
  5. Not working on these during Madrona
  6. Worrying about and blogging about this problem on a pair of socks that don't need to be finished until the end of March.

Happily, even if I don't finish these socks today, I'm not very far off and I'm still in love with the pattern. I am at the plain-ish stretch that goes under the cuff, so I can carry this around with me and work on it. Hmm . . . I'm starting to talk myself into finishing these today . . . but why do I think I'm forgetting something else that I really have to do?

A summary of this socks' stats: The yarn is Wollmeise 100% wool in Red Hot Chili, the pattern is Empoisonee by Yarnissma (who will be teaching at Sock Summit--can't wait to see what her class will be!) from Twist Collective.

No comments: