Monday, March 31, 2008

So It's Root, Root, Root for the Mariners . . .

Opening Day at Safeco Field. 50 degrees at gametime. The announcement about the roof being rolled open was great . . . until we felt the raindrops. The roof rolled shut as soon as it was all the way open, and it got very cold--it was snowing for a few innings! But the Mariners won, and it was a pretty good game, and we had a delicious pork sandwich at the Bullpen pub.

Before the roof was closed, I managed to take a quick photo of the sock I cast on while we waited to get in the stadium:

Safeco Field, Opening Day 2008

The ladies below my sock make better doors than windows--they got up maybe five times, mostly for beer. Never between innings or at bats, either. Poor form!

The yarn is Duet Sock Yarn, which was part of Renaissance Yarn's Stitch 'N' Pitch package last year, and I really meant to get this pair going before Spring Training. I brought yarn and needles with me today, and got the first couple of rows done before we got into the park. The pattern is the 56 stitch 56 row sock from Chic Knits. I didn't have much time to knit on the inside of the park, though, what with the lunch in the Bullpen Market, and checking in with our season ticket partners, and walking all around. It's hard for me to knit during a game if I'm in the park, there's usually too much going on and/or too much food around. Today there was a LOT going on, and I was wearing mittens, so I'm still working on the ribbing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pattern...had not seen it before. Sounds nice, watching games and knitting. We used to watch a lot of baseball (Braves). Maybe we can pick it up again this year.

Ang

Cactusneedles said...

Well, they look good! I know what you mean, I've been trying to knit at the kids games but I get too wrapped up! Take care! :)