Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mitten,You Got It Going On

Postwar Mitten


Notice I didn't say "MittenS". Just one mitten done, but in less than a week it still feels pretty fast. I'll cast on mitten #2 on Thursday or Friday, but I'm already thinking about color combinations for my next pair--there's a ton of that Baby Ull under my bed, waiting to be made into mittens!

The pattern comes with two options for the top of the mitten, a pointed tip or a rounded tip. I opted for the rounded tip (obviously). I was a little worried about the size as I was knitting, they felt a little big even though my hands are large. They might block out a little bigger, but they actually fit pretty well. If they were for me, I might make them a tad longer, but since they aren't for me, the fit should be perfect.

Even though it's a pain to sew up the picot edge, I really like the way it looks--it's a nice little detail, even on a mitten with a lot going on. Not as much as this guy, but still a lot.

7 comments:

Cactusneedles said...

It came out great! I do like the red better!

Jessica said...

Great mitten!

Lola and Ava said...

OOOOh . . . that's lovely! Really, really lovely.

Laura said...

super cute!

emicat said...

That looks great!!! I ended up buying the pattern too (although I still don't know how to do stranded knitting...yet).

It's kinda fun to think of different colour combinations for this mitten too.

That was a fast knit for all that work in a week too!

~RaenWa~ said...

That came out goregous the color work is great

artsycraftsy4fun said...

Your mittens look AWESOME!!!! I love them